Tuesday, September 15, 2026

God Maintains Us From Moment To Moment - Ruminating in the Word of God

The Lord is awe-inspiring, fearsome, fascinating, intriguing, and majestic in his radiant splendor: breathtaking! Here is what I saw of him today and what came to my heart and mind in Acts 17:24-28,

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'"
 
This is part of the presentation that Paul made at the Areopagus in Athens as he spread the gospel message.

In it he makes some comments about God that tell us how very involved he is in our lives. “…he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else… he is not far from each one of us… ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’”

As a friend has reminded me from time to time, every breath I breathe is another expression of God’s grace.

I know intellectually that God has created me and everyone else. I know that he maintains the universe and keeps it all going from moment to moment… but how often I lose sight of how dependent I am on God, and that, but for him, I wouldn’t even exist!

He brought us into existence, he maintains all creation as he provides all we need for life, he has condemned us all to death for our sin, but has made a way through Jesus Christ for us to inherit eternal life!

How wonderful is our Creator God!

Anything of the Lord capture your heart from Scripture today? Share what moved you about him from your Bible reading today. I'd love to hear from you!

If you have someone you would like to receive these ruminations, send me their email address. I'm happy to add them to the list. If you are receiving this and would like to be removed from the list, just reply and let me know.

No comments: